Tuesday, May 15, 2007

FW-I'm Behind With Blogging yo

So last Wednesday I was running late to class and, ya know.. Didn’t make it at all and missed the first IFAT and stuff. I wasn’t super freaked about it, but I had a good 3 hr gap before my next class, so I just decided to go home and eat lunch there and stuff. I was pretty caught up with homework and didn’t know what to do with my free time... it was a really nice day, so I had my iguana outside most of the time, letting him catch some rays while I was inside playing on my computer, watching TV, snacking, etc...Around 2:30 I went to go put my lizard Buddy inside, and he was like.. dead. Totally limp, nearly unconscious.. Obviously dehydrated. I freaked, put him in my truck and flew to the nearest vet (riverwoods). They didn’t know what to do for him (the reptile vet wasn’t in apparently.. this just motivates me more to become an exotic animal vet!!) and they sent me to Payson. nearly an hour later I got there, and Buddy seemed to be doing a little better (it was a crazy drive going 90 with all the windows down on the freeway... my hair was a mess lol)anyway... unnecessarily long story short- Buddy's alive. They took some blood and decided he’s way underweight and very dehydrated, mostly due to a mouth infection. I noticed his eating habits had gone kind of weird, and that, though during the winter he stops eating and loses a bit of weight, he hadn’t gained any or improved since its gotten warmer. I’ve been planning to take him to the vet since I moved out here 8 months ago, but.. The vet is expensive!! I was going to wait until I got my tax returns... but I guess not. Friday, during our class in fact, I got a call from the vet telling me he’s suffering from kidney failure. so... the past few days I’ve been forcing antibiotics down this throat and putting an IV in him daily. He’s getting better, and fighting me a lot more. Luckily, he’s not aggressive. :)so I think he'll pull through okay. I go back in Friday to get some more blood tests done and see if pumping him with meds and fluids (and food) is improving his kidneys. Cross you fingers!So as a result of his sudden sickness, I missed the rest of my classes Wednesday, completely forgot ALL ABOUT these blogs, and fell a little behind in my BOM class. I’m happy to say I’m completely caught up in BOM now though, and fully prepared for my midterm tomorrow! ahh... school is crazy! I love it. I really hope I do well and get good grades. I didn’t do too great in high school, because I was a slacker. I got my act together my junior and senior though. I didn’t get accepted into BYU cuz my GPA was so bad I’m sure (1.9) butut.. I know im a lot better than that. and i really want to prove it over the next few semesters. Let’s just pray that I don’t slack off...

No comments: