Friday, May 4, 2007

i really love marshmellows. yum yum.

So I suppose this will be my first OFFICAL blog for this class (I post random blogs on my myspace now and then, though they're usually just lame surveys, so this isn't my FIRST OFFICAL BLOG ever. Just thought you'd like to know).
I feel I should explain nasty plaque. It's a beloved nickname of mine (NOT), given to me by one of my favorite people. It rhymes with Ashley Black see... my friends still get a good laugh from it. It's a little odd actually, since i moved out here, I haven't really gotten any nicknames. Back home I was RARELY called Ashley (mostly because i guess i just didnt seem like an "Ashley"). I was just called Black for the most part (like all my friends were PE teachers or something). a few friends spiced things up by calling me "blackie" or "blackgirl" but i remember in particular it was weird to hear someone call me Ashley to my face. Out here the only nickname I've been blessed with is Montikew, or Monitque. When a member from my bishopric was reading my records in he pronouced my middle name Monique "montikew". I was pretty suprised; i a lot of people I've met out here dont know how to pronouce my name...

Anyway... It's sunday, and though I've been meaning to work on and orgainize my homework, i, like many others, found something "better to do." which was of course talking with friends and listening to music. in fact, we swapped a lot of CDs today, ripping them onto our computers or just burning new CDs. i havent taken a monumental stand for or against music and movie pirating yet. i just dont really feel much for a lot of stuff, and so far i dont think its bad to rent a movie and just make a copy of it. i mean, i paid to rent it didnt i? and when it comes to music, almost every band and every CD ive ever fallen in love with has been a burned copy. i have no problem buying CDs, but i dont want to waste my money... i dunno, its a hard line to draw, and i just dont care enough to draw one. i dont make an espeical habit of copying EVERY movie i've ever rented (actually i dont think ive ever copied a rented moive; i usually end up coping some one else's movie.. which is something i didnt pay for, so.. my argument earlier about not feeling bad for copying a movie i pay for just kind of died.. but heck, i let the same friends borrow movies ive purchased.. ahh, i think it just all works out in the end. its all about how you feel, and i just dont feel its wrong.
anyway.
i really need to clean my room. especially after the popcorn fight we had in here today (which was more like a one-way attack). i have loads of clothes on my bed, and a lot that need to be washed. and i should really take care of all of it tonight so i dont have to worry about it throughout the week. i mean, laundry i can do at anytime really, but a messy room.. no fun.

No comments: